Canada and Ontario are working together to take action on climate change and invest in clean solutions to help homeowners and families save money, reduce energy waste, create jobs and support healthy communities by making energy efficient retrofits to homes and businesses through the province’s GreenON Rebates program.
Did you know?
- Investing in energy efficiency at home can cut heating bills in half and save hundreds of dollars a year on electricity bills.
- Using a programmable thermostat can save up to $150 a year.
- Replacing your five most frequently used light bulbs with efficient ones can save more than $65 a year.
- Energy efficient buildings and homes experience higher resale value and last longer.
- ENERGY STAR certified homes can save up to $300 per year in utility costs, by using 20% less energy. 60,000 Canadians already live in ENERGY STAR houses.
- Commercial and residential buildings account for 12% of Canada’s greenhouse gas emissions.
For more information on the GreenON program including how to apply for a rebate, visit https://greenon.ca/.